Friday, July 19, 2013

Xela!!

I arrived in Xela a few days ago and it is a really cool city. It is a lot bigger and more modern than Antigua. For some reason there are a lot of spanish schools in this city and therefore a lot of different types of people. Yesterday I met a few people from Spain, France, England, and of course Guatemala. All of them are staying in my hostel and they are all very nice. I'm glad to have met people that I can spend my time with outside of the radio station. It was getting a little bit lonely here without people to casually talk to. Right now I am in the middle of digitalizing some historical tapes for the radio station. The information in these tapes is very interesting and I have been listening to them for about an hour. Tonight there is going to be a class here for people who work in radio all over the region. I am going to be able to sit in on it and get some ideas for how my own classes might run. I have a lot of pictures to share but unfortunately the chord I need for uploading them is back in my hostel. I will post those as soon as I can, or remember to.

No comments:

Post a Comment