Monday, July 15, 2013

Antigua (Part 1)



I arrived in Antigua Guatemala today for the first leg of my trip. I will be staying in the Casa Sito Volunteer House tonight and tomorrow while I get settled in the country. Casa Sito is an organization which works closely with the local community through teaching computer skills among many other things. As you probably already figured out Casa Sito also has some cheap housing for international volunteers. Although I am not working directly with Casa Sito they have agreed to allow me to stay in one of their rooms for a few days before my hostal in Xela is ready for me. In the mean time I have put some credits on my new Guatemalan cell phone, scheduled a ride to Xela on Wednesday, and started to explore. I was worried that I might be lonely being here all by myself. I thought it might be hard to make friends at first but it looks like I already have. I didn't catch his name but we both agreed that my backpack was great for soothing the teething pains. 




No comments:

Post a Comment