Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Comeback

Its been a while since my last post, a couple of weeks actually. Mostly the reason I have not posted anything is because my routine has not changed much since the last time I posted. Everyday I go to the station digitalize some cassettes from the civil war, hang out with some kids, go back to my hostel, and if people are around spend time with friends. I guess I'm mostly making this post to prove both that I'm still alive and that the project which I came here to do is well underway. Everything is going rather smoothly in fact. I have been able to explore Xela more since my last post and I've started to understand the city a lot more. Ive done all the tourist things available in the city (museums, historical landmarks, etc) and now I've started to branch out to some other parts of the city. I think I may have rediscovered an appreciation for exploration. This may sound corny but sometimes I walk around the city just looking around trying my best not to get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment